The County Auditor is a constitutional officer of the county elected for a four year term. The Auditor is prohibited from serving more than two consecutive terms.
The Parke County Auditor is responsible for the following functions:
- The Auditor serves as secretary to the Board of County Commissioners and as clerk to the County Council.
- The Auditor distributes taxes to the governmental units and agencies for which they were collected.
- The Auditor is the principal financial or fiscal officer of the county who is responsible for keeping accounts and issuing checks on behalf of the county. The Auditor develops financial analysis and cash flow projections to assist with budget preparations.
- The Auditor is responsible for preparing and filing an annual financial report with the Indiana State Board of Accounts.
- The Auditor prepares tax duplicates that show the value of property and taxes assessed against each taxpayer.
Information regarding Transient Merchants License (TML) for Parke County may be viewed or downloaded by selecting "Notices" on the menu bar, then select "Auditor".
The Parke County Auditor is Pam Adams. She can be reached by phone at (765) 569 - 3422 or by e-mail at email@example.com The address for the Auditor is:
Parke County Auditor
116 West High Street, Room 104
Rockville, IN 47872
The Parke County Auditor office hours are Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. EST
The Parke County Auditor's office accepts credit or debit card payments by telephone, please see the attached credit card attachment for further details.